For information on our internship program please visit Programs/Internship Opportunities.
Case Manager Position – Open 4-17-19 – POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
The Epilepsy Foundation of Northern California is seeking a full time position as Case Manager:
General Duties: Responsibilities include offering a comprehensive range of office and community-based services for people with epilepsy and their families including case management interventions, supportive counseling services, and supportive programs. We are seeking candidates with proficiency speaking Spanish.
Requirements: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in human services (Masters preferred, licensed or license eligible) with related experience. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated knowledge/ skills needed to work successfully with persons with disabilities. Specific job assignment may involve providing services in the community and thus, would require possession of a valid drivers’ license, an automobile and appropriate insurance coverage.
- Participate in client telephone intake system, including screening of incoming client calls, provision of information about epilepsy, gathering essential information about potential clients, setting up appointments, etc. This includes completing all related intake
- Provide education/ information about epilepsy and related topics, both to assigned clients and to others in the community who request
- Perform assessment of client’s social history, medical history, needs, strengths and preferences and other appropriate information prior to providing counseling or case management.
- Formulate, with the client, an individualized Care Plan for appropriate clients, including regularly required reviews, as well as other required documentation of services
- Provide crisis intervention to assigned clients, as
- Meet regularly with clients and/ or their families and significant others to discuss client’s needs and preferences, and possible options for meeting
- Refer/link client to other EFNC programs, as necessary, including collaboration with others providing services on Care Plans and selected
- Refer/link clients to appropriate external providers of services identified in the Care Plan that cannot be provided by
- Assist client in managing / coordinating care from multiple service providers.
- Serve as liaison to EFNC support groups, as assigned.
- Provide advocacy and related information when a client requests such help due to discrimination related to his/her
- Complete regular documentation of services provided, as well as other required paperwork in a timely and efficient manner. This includes maintenance of all client case records per agency
- Outreach to potential referral sources in the community including, medical, other social services providers, community organizations, etc.
- Attend and participate in all required staff
- Participate in staff development activities, including internal case presentations and outside conferences/learning opportunities. Share information gathered at outside seminars with other
- Follow all Agency policies & procedures
- Field Travel Required
- Other Duties as Assigned
EFNC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or gender.
POSITION REPORTS TO:
May supervise students or volunteers, as appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year based on experience
- Microsoft Office: 4 years (Required)
- Health Insurance Support: 3 years (Required)
- Windows Operative System: 1 year (Required)
- Social Working / Case Managing: 4 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- 25% (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
Apply and submit your resume here