For information on our internship program please visit Programs/Internship Opportunities.
Special Events & Marketing Manager
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO, the Special Events and Marketing Manager is responsible for engaging the fundraising community in our events, with the goal of raising critical funds to support the mission and goals of the Foundation. The primary objectives of this key position are to raise awareness of the Epilepsy Foundation of Northern California and to create exceptional event experiences that engage a wide variety of community members. You play a pivotal role in the success and growth of the Epilepsy Foundation, ensuring that the organization thrives and is positioned to serve the more than 180,000 people in Northern California who are living with epilepsy.
- Event Planning & Execution: Event Experience
- Oversee logistical planning and the overall experience of all events including but not limited to: all development events (Stroll, Gala, Runs, etc) as well as select office events (such as volunteer appreciation, special Board Meetings, etc) and select programs (such as the Physician Consortium and Living with Epilepsy Educational Programs).
- Establish itemized expense budget for each event. Ensure all bills are paid and expenses are at or under budget.
- Establish need and secure all necessary in-kind donations for events. Track all in-kind donations for annual reporting purposes.
- Gather and prepare all day-of-event materials.
- Serve as key liaison with all vendors including site, police, entertainment, rentals, etc.
- Serve as key liaison with 3rd party logistics vendor.
- Attendance at events is required including evening and/or weekend work at the direction of the CEO.
- Data & Technology
- Responsible for accurate and timely data input and retrieval in the donor database for reports and mailings.
- Update and maintain the Foundation website pages dedicated to special events and other select office and Programs events.
- Social media data tracking
- Volunteer Engagement
- Supervise and serve as key staff liaison to ensure the efficient and effective production of events.
- Serve as staff liaison to train, cultivate and steward all logistics sub-committees for the Gala and Walk/Stroll committees, and other committees as assigned. Attend event committee meetings as assigned.
- Identify and recruit leadership volunteers and committee members for all special events.
- Recruit, train, and manage all day-of-event volunteers for all special events and select other Foundation events
- Marketing & Design
- Create and distribute print and digital marketing materials for all special events and programs.
- Prepare and execute marketing plans for special events and select other events via multiple channels including email, newsletters and social media
- Manage the Foundation’s social media presence.
- In partnership with colleagues, market the Foundation’s programs, events, and other news to diverse audiences through social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube
- Develop, create, and promote content for engaging social media outreach to boost Foundation awareness and engagement.
- Update and manage daily social media calendar, responding to time-sensitive communication needs.
- Manage creation, publication, and distribution of electronic materials, including:
- Monthly E-newsletter to an external audience of clients, donors, partners, and other supporters
- All Foundation mass email communication
- Consistent and engaging posts and conversations on social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn as appropriate
- Prompt responses to incoming messages and visitor comments through the above channels
- 2-3 years’ experience and proven success in the nonprofit arena.
- Excellent relationship building skills and a love of working with people.
- Superior project-management skills, with well-organized and demonstrated abilities to manage multiple priorities and programs simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small, collaborative team.
- Ability to prioritize among competing goals to execute on tight deadlines.
- Articulate, polished, and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, initiative, and confidence.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Classy software preferred.
- Ability to listen, respect, and incorporate new learning into job.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience.
Generous vacation and sick time allowance.
Flexible work schedule.
Employer-paid Health stipend.